The 2021 Annual Meeting will be held at Bucknell University. Located in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania on the banks of the Susquehanna River, the Lewisburg area offers a combination of outdoor recreation opportunities and small-town amenities. Bucknell is about three hours from Philadelphia, New York City, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
The meeting is being organized by the president of The Classification Society, Abby Flynt. The scientific programming committee is comprised of Abby Flynt (chair), Brian Franczak, Meredith Wallace, and Tanzy Love.
Program at a Glance
Friday, November 5th
Welcome Reception and Poster Session 6pm - 9pm (Sponsored by the Freeman College of Management)
Saturday, November 6th
Lunch Break/Board Meeting
Afternoon Talks including the Distinguished Dissertation Award Lecture
Classification Society General Meeting
Sunday, November 7th
Morning Talks (end around 1 pm)
There is a block of rooms reserved at the brand new Fairfield by Marriott. Book your group rate for TCS Bucknell with this link: Book your group rate for TCS Bucknell or by calling the hotel directly. Reservations must be made by October 15th to secure the block rate. (Room Block: TCS Bucknell)
Note that the hotel is approximately 1.5 miles from campus and potentially walkable through town. We will have a shuttle available in the morning and afternoon to take you to and from campus. There will also be visitor parking on campus should you wish to drive.
The Tawsty Flower is a lovely bed and breakfast within walking distance of campus. The Tawsty Flower has some small cottages that can fit multiple people.
There are also a growing number of Air BnB’s around Lewisburg and other local hotels.
Registration costs for the 2021 Classification Society Annual Meeting are:
- 225 USD for a regular member of the Classification Society (must log-in to view/purchase)
- 75 USD for a student member of the Classification Society (must log-in to view/purchase)
- 235 USD for a non-student that is not a member of the Classification Society
- 85 USD for a student that is not member of the Classification Society
We are also offering a bundle package (CS membership + CS 2021 registration) for both a student and a non-student that is not a member of the Classification Society. Those prices are:
- 315 USD for a non-student
- 100 USD for a student
Additional banquet tickets can be purchased for 50 USD
- David Hunter, Penn State University (President's Invited)
- Andres Felipe Barrientos, Florida State University (Plenary)
- F. James Rohlf, Stony Brook University (Plenary)
- David Banks, Duke University
- David Friedenberg, Battelle
- Lucas Mentch, University of Pittsburgh
- Lynn Lin, Penn State University
- Michael Gallaugher, Baylor University
- Rachael Hageman, University of Buffalo
- Samrachana Adhikari, New York University
- Suzu Zhang, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Swati Gupta, Georgia Tech
- Teague Henry, UNC Chapel Hill