The 2021 Annual Meeting will be held at Bucknell University. Located in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania on the banks of the Susquehanna River, the Lewisburg area offers a combination of outdoor recreation opportunities and small-town amenities. Bucknell is about three hours from Philadelphia, New York City, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
The meeting is being organized by the president of The Classification Society, Abby Flynt. The scientific programming committee is comprised of Abby Flynt (chair), Brian Franczak, Meredith Wallace, and Tanzy Love.
Program at a Glance
Friday, November 5th
Welcome Reception and Poster Session 6:00 - 9:00 pm (Sponsored by the Freeman College of Management)
Saturday, November 6th
Welcome 8:50 am
President's Invited Address 9:00 am
Coffee Break 10:00 am
Invited Session on Applications in Clustering and Classification 10:30 am
Invited Lecture 11:30 am
Lunch Break/Board Meeting 12:15 pm
Distinguished Dissertation Award Lecture 1:45 pm
Invited Lecture 2:30 pm
Coffee Break 3:15 pm
Contributed Session 3:45 pm
Classification Society General Meeting 4:45 pm
Conference Banquet 6:00 pm
Sunday, November 7th
Invited Session on Classification and Psychometric Methodology 9:30 am
Coffee Break 10:30 am
Contributed Session 11:00 am
Closing Remarks 12:00 pm
There is a block of rooms reserved at the brand new Fairfield by Marriott. Book your group rate for TCS Bucknell with this link: Book your group rate for TCS Bucknell or by calling the hotel directly. Reservations must be made by October 15th to secure the block rate. (Room Block: TCS Bucknell)
Note that the hotel is approximately 1.5 miles from campus and potentially walkable through town. We will have a shuttle available in the morning and afternoon to take you to and from campus. There will also be visitor parking on campus should you wish to drive.
The Tawsty Flower is a lovely bed and breakfast within walking distance of campus. The Tawsty Flower has some small cottages that can fit multiple people.
There are also a growing number of Air BnB’s around Lewisburg and other local hotels.
Registration costs for the 2021 Classification Society Annual Meeting are:
- 225 USD for a regular member of the Classification Society (must log-in to view/purchase)
- 75 USD for a student member of the Classification Society (must log-in to view/purchase)
- 235 USD for a non-student that is not a member of the Classification Society
- 85 USD for a student that is not member of the Classification Society
We are also offering a bundle package (CS membership + CS 2021 registration) for both a student and a non-student that is not a member of the Classification Society. Those prices are:
- 315 USD for a non-student
- 100 USD for a student
Additional banquet tickets can be purchased for 50 USD
CS 2021 Live Stream
The Classification Society will email a link to a live stream of the oral presentations to all registered CS members at no additional cost. Non-CS members can purchase a ticket to this link at a cost of 25 USD. The link will be sent out on Friday, November 5, 2021.
- David Hunter, Penn State University (President's Invited)
- Andres Felipe Barrientos, Florida State University (Plenary)
- F. James Rohlf, Stony Brook University (Plenary)
- David Banks, Duke University
- Michael Gallaugher, Baylor University
- Rachael Hageman, University of Buffalo
- Samrachana Adhikari, New York University
- Susu Zhang, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- Teague Henry, UNC Chapel Hill